Skip to main content

Here We Go

I have never really been one to hide personal things. Of course, I don't mean to say that I share everything about myself to everyone. That would be a little silly. But, there are somethings I am more than comfortable sharing if I feel that someone will get something out of it. What I mean is: if I think you might be able to learn from something I have gone through I will share my experiences.

I have had a lot of things happen in my life. Overall, I feel that I have been pretty lucky. I feel that I have learned a lot about how to deal with unexpected events.


My adventures, mistakes, triumphs, and everyday life I will share what I feel others can learn from here. I would imagine that some stories might be more exciting that others. But, that is how life goes. I don't think I could handle a life that was completely nonstop with problem and hurdle coming at me one after another. But, on the flip side I don't want a life that is completely dull and has no excitement.

Maybe we can all share something to help each other to learn and grow. If there is one thing that I have learned so far about life it is this: it goes on.
So, I'm sure that you are most likely wondering what is going on with this picture? If you have checked out any of my other blogs then you will know that I am a fan of all things Disney. There is a night show at EPCOT called Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. It is a wonderful show that really focuses on how people help each other and how life goes on. Part of the inspiration for this blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Learning the Hard Way: Hurricane Matthew

I've had to learn a few thing the hard way. One of the most recent was the importance of being prepared. Normally, I am a very cautious person. I would much rather play it safe than be sorry. But, I am also good with money and don't like to spend it unnecessarily. I live in the Hampton Roads area. I know that the area is prone to flooding and I know what, typically, to expect from storms. This area isn't known for having a lot of hurricane activity, but living on the coastline, you know if can happen. I keep an eye on the weather. I don't like to be caught off guard. The flooding in front of my apartment My boyfriend and I had been watching the development of Hurricane Matthew before it was even projected to impact our area. When it looked like the storm could possible hit our area we began to plan. It was a week before the storm was forecasted to hit us and we were talking about what foods we needed to get, where we could store water, and if we should get a cam

Pokemon Go- Round 1

Alright, so I know that you have all seen pretty much every child of the 90's is running around with their head down and glued to their phones. What exactly are they doing? Catching Pokemon of course! In case you aren't in tune with pop culture, Pokemon was a TV show that was big in the mid to late 90's. It launched several other products and a lot of people got really into the trading cards. Some of the cards, mainly the holographic Charizard and other rare cards, sold on-line for hundreds or thousands of dollars. Crazy right? Well come forward a few years. A few years too many if you ask most of my generation, and you will get to the mobile game that was released earlier this week. It was a long time coming and the hype did nothing but excite Pokemon fans until they were foaming at the mouth. You see, this was the game that we had been waiting for, for at least 15 years. Armed with our phones and wifi we can collect pokemon in our own neighborhoods. Its amazing! But,

LEEPs and Bounds

Chances are pretty good that you are familiar with the fact that women need to have yearly pelvic exams. And if you are a woman then chances are even higher that you are all too familiar with everything that this exam entails. It's a great topic of conversation is it not? No? It should be. There is too much of a social taboo on women's health, and it is time for that to change. Women choose not be ashamed of themselves or the care that they need to stay healthy. I want to help women of all ages feel more comfortable with themselves and not be embarrassed to speak out, if they so choose. I had my first pelvic exam at 14. I was a terrified high school freshmen that was in a hospital gown at my local ER. I was scared and in a lot of pain. The pain in my abdomen woke me up that morning. My mother, being the super-mom that she is, immediately knew that something wasn't right. The triage nurse at the ER told my mother that there was either something wrong with my bladder or my